The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology organized AICTE -ISTE Sponsored 6-day online Faculty Development Programme on Machine Learning and Optimization –Phase –II during 22-27, March 2021. The programme was inaugurated on 22nd March 2021 by chief guest Dr. Pratap Sinh Kakaso Desai, President, ISTE, New Delhi. He pointed out the necessity of adapting to the newer situations by upgrading the technical Skills. He stressed that basic idea should be developing technical solution for a real-time problem in the academic institutions itself. He wished the outcome of these FDP would be transferred to the students as knowledge.
Dr.V Balamurugan had welcomed the gathering and briefed about the FDP and its importance. He explained various outcome of the program. He had given brief outline of program and requested to all participants to enrich their knowledge from this FDP by effective participation.
Dr. P.R Sreemahadevan Pillai , Principal , Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology and Director, Ahalia group of Academic Institutions, presided over the function. He talked about the necessity of having the right knowledge in advanced technologies for the wellbeing of the society. Dr. Krishna Kumar Kishor, Vice- Principal, Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology and Assistant Director, Ahalia Group of Academic Institutions, felicitated the gathering. He highlighted the need of machine learning and innovations to make education more relevant for making a better society for the future. He urged the participants to actively involved in the sessions and disseminate the knowledge to the students. Mrs. Vijatha Khan, AP/ECE , proposed the vote of thanks.
There was a total of 18 sessions. Each session was handled by experts from reputed academic institutions and industries. Various topics of machine learning and optimizations were presented along with hands on training A total of 105 participants from across the country registered and 59 participants were actively participated in the programme. The FDP was concluded with valedictory function on 27 March 2021. The chief Guest for Valedictory function was Prof. Dr. C.P Sunil Kumar, National Executive Council Member, ISTE New Delhi. He mentioned that, the importance of machine learning in different fields. He pointed out the necessity of upgradation of knowledge to newer technologies like AI and MI
The session was concluded with the vote of thanks by Dr. V.Balamurugan , FDP Coordinator. He highlighted the immense contribution of the Organizing Committee members and experts. He mentioned special thanks to Dr. P.R Sreemahadevan Pillai, Principal, Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology and Director, Ahalia group of Academic Institutions and Dr. Krishna Kumar Kishor , Vice- Principal and Assistant Director, Ahalia Group of Academic Institutions, He also showed his gratitude towards the Ahalia Management and Advisory Committee members for facilitating the event. He heartily thanked all the speakers who spared their valuable time. He also thanked all the participants who made this event a grand success by participating wholeheartedly.
Outcome of the Event:
- By the end of the FDP, the participants can identify the type of machine learning problem and to apply the appropriate set of techniques.
- Understand a wide variety of machine learning algorithms to frame data models.
- Participants were educated on the most widely used advance techniques like Machine Learning and optimization areas like Tensor flow, CART, Principle Component Analysis using Google COLAB and machine learning implementation etc
- Find out where Machine Learning and optimization is applied in Technology and Science.
- Applications of machine learning in real scenarios.
- How to evaluate machine learning algorithms
- Learn the various aspects of machine learning and optimization and how information can be extracted from data.
- Carry out predictions and how to predict, how to analyses predicted values, discuss the importance of variables in a dataset.
- Industries and the domain where machine learning and optimization are used extensively.
- Understand how to perform the optimization techniques.
- The FDP was designed to be generic in nature for satisfying the needs of academic institutions and industry personnel field of machine learning and optimization.
- All the eligible participants were distributed with the participant certificates on successful completion of assessment
The following Feedback was received from the participants:
- 73.8% of the participants felt that the delivery and presentation of the Resource Persons were excellent and 23% of the participants wrote as very good.
- 73.8% of the participants opined that the FDP was coordinated as excellent 24.6% of the participants wrote as very good.
- Participants endorsed the fact that such FDPs should be arranged regularly.
View brochure here.