Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology is recognized as a participating institute under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, which is a Government of India initiative aimed at the upliftment of the villages.
The major goals of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan are:
- To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and an institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- To re-emphasize the need for field work, stake-holder interactions and design for societal objectives as the basis of higher education.
- To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as central to developing new professions.
- To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology, and management.
- To improve development outcomes as a consequence of this research. To develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of research.
- To foster a new dialogue within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.
As per the guidelines, UBA Cell of Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology have adopted following five villages:
- Muthalamada-1 2) Muthalamda –II 3) Palassana 4) Peruvemba 5) Elappully-II
UBA Cell of the college will be undergoing various activities for the upliftment of these villages based on the initial survey conducted. Mrs. Preeja V., Asst. Professor, Science and Humanities is the coordinator of UBA Cell of the college.
- YAAD – Prevention & Control of Substance Abuse
- Swachaata Speech Competition
- Swachhata Pakhwada 2021 – Poster Making Competition
- Swachhata Pakhwada 2021 – Slogan Writing Competition
- Video Contest on ‘Atmanirbar Bharat’
- Youth Against Alcohol and Drugs (YAAD) Campaign
- Pencil Drawing Competition
- Webinar on “Anemia 12 Campaign Program”
- Panel Discussion on ‘National Education Policy – 2020’
- Panel Discussion on ‘COVID 19 Vaccination and Thereafter’
- Webinar on ‘Educated Youth in Agriculture: Opportunities and Threats’
- Webinar on Opportunities in Rural Entrepreneurship
- Panel Discussion to ‘Celebrate International Day for The Elimination of Violence Against Women’
- One-Day Workshop on Plastic Pollution Control