Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology had conducted a technical talk on ‘Benefits of Professional Body Membership’ on 20/02/2021 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. The talk was about 6 professional body membership namely,
- IEI (Institution of Engineers (India)) by Dr. P. R. Sreemahadevan Pillai, Principal, ASET & Director, Ahalia Group of Academic Institutions.
- ISTE (Indian Society of Technical Education) by Dr. G. Murugananth, Prof. & Head – EEE Dept, ASET.
- IETE (Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers) by Dr. V. Balamurugan, Prof. & Head – ECE Dept, ASET.
- CSI (Computer Society Of India) by Dr. S. Gunasekaran, Prof. & Head – CSE Dept, ASET.
- IEEE by Dr. Krishna Kumar Kishor, Vice Principal, ASET & Asst. Director, Ahalia Group of Academic Institutions.
- SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) by Dr. Prakash D., Prof. & Head – ME Dept, ASET.
Total 133 students actively participated in this event and were motivated by the talk. Students were interested in taking membership in different professional bodies. The main coordinator of the event was Dr. G. Muruganath, Prof. & Head – EEE Dept, ASET and the joint coordinators were Mrs. Sangeetha P. S, Asst. Prof. – S&H Dept and Mrs. Aswathi P. V., Asst. Prof. – CSE Dept, ASET.